Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Traditions

This year for Thanksgiving I really wanted to have it at my new house, so I invited both sets of parents to eat here. I am extremely lucky that everyone actually enjoys being together and gets along. Some in-laws would not and could not do that. As an added treat, Granny came along. We had such a great meal and fellowship. I only got one picture but it is a great one. Nana was reading a thanksgiving story to the kids who dressed up for the occasion.


I haven't done much as far as decorations for Christmas but will add to the list next year.





This time of year always brings out the treat making chef in all of us. We tried an awesome recipe in Parent's magazine for Peppermint Suprise cookies. This is how they were supposed to look:


This is how ours looked.
no matter....they were DELICIOUS and will definitely make the yearly must make list.



We also tried our hand at reindeer cookies. The kids had lots of fun with this and they turned out really cute.





The next night I set up a make your own pizza and salad station. It was a big hit. We will definitely be doing this again!!



Our annual gingerbread house session went great. I left it out on the counter for display only to find that every ant in Petal had heard about it by the next morning so we had to put it outside. Oh well, live and learn. You can't leave ANY food out in this house. They even found a sucker in an old purse in my closet. Not a good situation.

My wonderful husband bought me a new camera for Christmas since my old one stopped taking pictures that required flash. Guess it had been through a rough 3 years. I love my new one though. Thanks Ben!!


Last weekend Ben and Conner did a boy project and built a firepit in our backyard. It is AWESOME.

We still have a few things to do around the outside of it but have already enjoyed a few fires. Love sitting around the fire with family. Peaceful! Hope Flip and Flop aren't scared away by this invasion. I haven't seen them since it was built.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Love the new firepit & the reindeer cookies are so cute! These make for great family times!