Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Conner's 6th Birthday.

For starters, I ordered Conner's birthday invitations from snapfish. Wanted to do some cute, not your fill in the blank ones. Well, I put that he was turning 7 instead of 6 and didn't put the date.....not a smart move. Luckily they were somewhat fixable and we went with it.

We decided to host a swimming party since this is our first year with a pool and we thought it would be lots of fun. Once I made out the guest list and realized there could possibly be over 50 people here, I was a little concerned. Turned out fine though. Only about half showed up so it was manageable.

There is a lot to be said about hosting a home party vs having it on location (chuck-e-cheese, gatti town..). It is probably worth the money to do it on location but I really think he felt special and had a blast. Guess it was worth all the planning and work.





He requested a monster truck cake and pinata. I made the cake myself since it wasn't very difficult and I thought I turned out decent.



Conner's 2 closest buddies from K did come and they had such a great time together. We swam, had water balloon war, ate 3 ft pizzas and opened gifts. One of the biggest hits was the $5.00 buckets that I bought to put the water balloons in. The pool was a tad chilly (at least for adults) and so they used the buckets as hot tubs.



I just loved seeing the look on my little buddy's face all morning. Good times!

No comments: