Saturday, December 13, 2008

No Pictures, just stories

There is 1 story I want to document for my sake and 1 idea I want to share with other moms who, like me, will wonder why we didn't think of this before...

For the story: Linlee and Conner were talking and somehow got on the subject of marraige. Linlee said to me that even though a boy comes to find you who is nice and loves God, you don't have to say yes if he asks you to marry him.

I said "that's right, who told you that?"
Linlee, "Daddy" (of course).
Conner then said,"So I have to go out and find a girl or boy to marry (innocence)?"
I said "not a boy, just a girl."
Linlee," she needs to be nice and loves God."
Conner," what if I marry you (talking to L)?
I said "you can't marry your sister, maybe someone in your ss class or school class or someone you don't even know yet."
Linlee," what about Kate? She is nice!"
Conner (in a very serious and excited voice) "And she loves God!"
Watch out Kate, we may be having playdates more often... :)

Now for the fabulous idea. I absolutely do not enjoy folding laundry and putting it away. Especially since all the kids rooms are upstairs. It is such a hassle to fold their stuff downstairs, put it collectively in a laundry basket and take it upstairs only to resort it and put it away. Doing this for 3 kids is a pain that takes way too long. So, I came up with this idea. I purchased 3 differently colored woven baskets with handles just small enough for the kids (except Sid of course)to carry but large enough to fit clothes in. Now I fold the clothes and sort them in each individual basket (which they picked themselves). Whenever they go in the laundry room and there is something in their basket, they cart it upstairs and put it away!!! whalla! I am so siked! This last round of laundry has been soooo much easier!! Why didn't I think of this before now???

1 comment:

Mary said...

Well, will your 3 and 5 year olds (almost!) teach their 14 and 17 year old cousins that concept? Mine just go to their baskets in the laundry room and pull out what they want, dumping out anything in the way on the floor! And of course, they leave the baskets in the laundry room - they think that is their closet!
Mary