Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Fish in Petal!

One of the hardest things about moving away from somewhere that you have lived for 10 years is leaving people you have become great friends with behind. Luckily, some of our closest friends chose to come visit us around New Year's. I think we were more excited about their visit than we were about Christmas itself. Our kids and theirs have literally grown up together so seeing them see each other for the first time in months was so sweet. I had lots of things planned for their visit, but unfortunately it decided to rain practically the whole time they were here. We did find a few patches of non-raining weather and enjoyed one of Petal's coolest playgrounds (I think the adults had just as much fun as the kids),





showed them our lake and play area,





and tried to get a fire going in our new firepit. Some of that was successful and some weren't.
We did all go to Gatti-Town and had a blast! The kids loved the bumper cars!!!







I borrowed my mom's jumping house for a little indoor distraction while Angie and I had some girl shopping time. So FUN!!


Linlee wanted to save the pinata from her family party and crack it open while the Fish were here. This was a hoot to watch! Linlee was the one to finally get it open! One of many highlights of the visit!





I hope we will get to visit with them all again very soon!

No comments: