Friday, November 6, 2009

Fate

Well, let's see. It has been a few weeks so I need to catch up.

Linlee's class had a field trip to a real live farm and the kids and I got to join in on the fun. I felt horrible due to the fact that I had a horrendus cold and didn't really feel like being around 20ish kids, but all in all it was fun. They got to examine and pick many crops, see cows and horses and goats, ride in a hayride, see giant pumpkins, etc. Very cool.



We then took a much needed trip down to Alabama to visit my parents and family. Sidney and Ava got to see a little bit of each other. They are about 2 months apart in age so in a few years, watch out! They look like they are thinking, "Wow, we made a mess. Do you think they see it? Maybe if we just keep looking down, they won't notice."


We had lots of fun spending time outside, roasting hotdogs and marshmellows. Sidney learned the meaning of the word hot first hand when she touched the grill. OUCH! She was fine after a while though. The trip was way too short!




For as long as she has been doing it, I have loved Ashleigh Peak Photography and have really wanted to have her take pictures of our family. I also wanted to wait until Sid was old enough to somewhat cooperate and smile on command. Well, Ashleigh is doing holiday mini session this weekend and we are doing it! Yay. (if you have never seen her work, check it out here: http://www.ashleighpeak.com/
Anyway, I have been obsessing over these pics, picking the right outfits, nervous that we won't all perform well, etc. Well this week has been full of life lessons and I learned yet another one last night. Sidney fell out of a chair and whacked her cheek on the wooden part of our futon.


Oh yeah, nice big shiner on her cheek just in time for pics. I am assured that photoshop can take car of it. Don't worry about small things in life, there are much bigger problems out there that people deal with than worrying that my pics won't turn out well...:)

No comments: