Thursday, April 2, 2009

Amazing Linlee

I have a couple of situations that I wanted to document for myself. Never underestimate the power of a 5 year old (and the heart). For weeks now, I have laid the kids clothes out the night before they have preschool. I intruct them to get dressed before they come downstairs or at least bring their clothes down with them. Linlee alsways does of course, Conner never does of course. I didn't even mention it to them last night, knowing the outcome. Well, low and behold, Conner Berteau came down this morning dressed and ready. Shoes and all!!! WE made a big fuss about it. After the fuss, Linlee bolted upstairs. Ben said she prbably didn't like him getting all the attention. She had only brought her clothes down and wasn't dressed yet. A few mintues later, in she comes with her hand behind her back. She walks up to Conner and proudly hands him a dollar!!!! I guess her heart is not as jealous as Ben thought. She was proud of her brother too. Gotta love those 2!! So sweet.

We have known for a while that Linlee is strong in the math department. Well, she asked me the other day if 13 +13 is 26? I said yes, how did you figure that out? She said well, I know that 10+10 is 20 and 3+3 is 6 so 13+13 must be 26. Good logic~!! She then asked Ben the next day if 45+55 is 100? he said yes. She said that I know 50+50 is 100 so I thought if you have 55 then you must have to take 5 away and make 45 to get 100. There are no words.....What makes a 5 year old think through this on their own? I hope she keeps that logically thinking brain!!

 
Sidney loves this book and always says SO BIG on this page.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: