Monday, February 4, 2008

What A Whirlwind!!

Ok so we have been a little busy the past few weeks!!! All of us but Ben had the stomach virus 2 weeks ago so lots of fun there. Ben was the best! He took care of all of us and thank goodness, he did not get sick too!

So I went in for my weekly ultrasound on Thurs the 31st expecting the same old song and dance. Well, to my suprise, my amniotic fluid had dropped dramatically from 7 to 2.6! My Dr said at this level, the baby is at risk because there is no cushion and the cord could get pinched very easily. She said go directly to the hospital and we are delivering in the morning!! WHAT!!! I was supposed to go pick up Ben from the airport in a few hours and Angie (bless her heart) was stuck with all 5 kids. I was not allowed to go home. Anyway, long story short, Ben made it to the hospital and we had a very restful night (HA). The next morning, they induced at 6:00. After 2 epidurals (yes 2 because the 1st one didn't work so well), baby Berteau was born at 12:33. She was beautiful! I got to hold her for about 1 minute and then they took her to the NICU because they wanted to evaluate her breathing. Here is my brief picture with her before all the stuff happened.


Well, our no name baby's lungs were not as developed as they had hoped and she went on a CPAP nasal thing and was put under oxygen. She looked pretty pitiful. This broke our hearts because we were expecting to get her back in our room soon and now they tell us she would be in the NICU for 5-10 days at least. This means we go home without her. :(

She has progressed very well. Sidney (I finally decided) came off the CPAP the next day and was off oxygen and even took 2 bottles. This sort of tuckered her out though and so she has been under very little oxygen since then. I will keep this updated as much as I can as I know new info. Please pray that we can make this transition as easy as possible since none of us were expceting it. And pray that Sindey will get everything that she needs to get home to her new family soon!

No comments: